Posted by: Lumen » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:16 pm
So we'll be starting our annual raid season this time tomorrow night.
I wanted to mention a few things that people should be thinking about now and in the future to come.
1) Flasks. Greater. Bring them.
2) If you have a barn, do 1 or 2 meat workorders per day. If you have an alt, consider a barn. Each workorder provides 1 or 2 feasts. If everyone raiding does their share, with minimal effort the entire raid team will have food without any major workload to a single individual. Please don't rely on others to feed you. Do your share.
3) Follower missions. Do them. They provide raid loot a difficulty above the one you're on. So when we're raiding heroic, they'll provide mythic gear. They are not something you should be overlooking. Get into the habit of logging in once a day or even twice a day. Queue them up. Consider addons like Master Plan and Garrison Mission Manager. Both make the process easier.
4) The December raids will be off and on, and limited to mostly normal mode. They will be open to most people keen on raiding, who meet the ilvl requirements and are available. That month will be me gauging who will be able to raid as part of the Decepticon team during the normal raid season, at which point we'll be migrating more to heroics.
5) Bonus rolls. They are purchased via gold, apexis crystals, garrison resources or honor. The more of a single resource you purchase the more they cost. So suggested to spread it around. People with the Dwarf Bunker level 3 get a single bonus roll per week free. So only need to purchase 2. For example, I will be spending 1000 apexis on my first and 300 garrison resources on a second. If I wanted 2 with Apexis, I'd pay 1000 for the first and 2000 for the second. You can find details on that on various sites such as MMO-Champ or Wowhead.
6) Work on your legendary chain. Almost everyone who will be raiding with us should have 680 rings by now. The chain took 4 heroics and 6 days worth of dalies to complete. That's all. Get on it.
7) Watch videos of strats (Youtube Fatboss beta videos), read forums with strats such as Icy-veins. Please come prepared. Don't come to be carried. Come like you care. Come like it matters to you. Come like you desire to be there and not just showing up because it's something to do a few nights per week.
8 ) Know your class stat priority, rotation, etc. Come ready to go as optimized as you can on the night. Personal responsibility is paramount.
9) Loot the first month will be mostly Personal. I'm going to track loot distribution during that time, and see how it goes. Once we start official raiding in Jan, I'll be deciding our path. It may be boss to boss depending on what people need on any given fight.
10) These first raids will be healer capped. I can only bring as much DPS as I can with the number of healers on the given night. So if you are signed up and not brought, don't take it personally. The more healers we have on a night, the more dps I can bring. That's it. Currently healers will be limiting factors to dps quantity. I imagine for example, at 3 healers I will field 8 dps. I will take dps based on ilvl, experience, class balance, and so on. I will try to get as many in as I can. I want these raids to be inclusive, but until more healers are ready... hands are tied.
So yeah. That's it for now folks.
Those of you that have raided with me for the last few years know what to expect. Those of you returning after a long break, welcome home. You're always welcome.
I look forward to raiding with you all and seeing new content.
Love all you fuckers.